Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fear...

        People have fears of anything and everything. Most people are terrified of sharks even though you don't hear new reports about people being injured or killed by sharks. They only kill 5 people annually. I think it is because of the movies tat are directed to make sharks look like vicious animals that tear people apart for no reason. This scares people away from the ocean, water, and sharks.
       High school football is something no one is afraid of. Students come to support and athletes are ready to play. One thing you might not have known is that high school football kills 20 people annually. Why are people afraid of sharks and not high school football? I think it is because you never hear horror stories about football has you do sharks. I personally have known a high school student who has been paralyzed because of a football accident. He broke is neck when he was tackled which cut his spinal cord.
       I have a fear of being alone. I think I got this fear when I was little after my parents divorce and I had to go from house to house everyday. I am afraid of living a life of loneliness and pain. I remember my mom living that life for 7 years after her divorce. I was 3, and I remember hearing her cry. I don't want to have that kind of life. I want to live life to the fullest without regret.
       Everybody has their own reason for their fear. That's why I think everyone's fear is rational. It may not be rational in your mind, but in theirs it is. People probably think my fear is ridiculous, but to me it's not at all. Everyone has their opinion on everything. Let them have it. If they think your fear is crazy, then let them. Don't try to be brave over peer pressure.
       Nothing deserves our fear. We are stronger then we think. We are afraid of stuff usually due from past experiences. One day we could get over them or we will just live with them. Fear is a state of mind, we just have to find a way to overcome it and over power our mind. I think over powering your mind is a hard thing to do. Our mind controls how we think. When we want to forget about something, our mind won't let us.

No comments:

Post a Comment